[CH] Gourmet Chili/Salsa Products/Program

Frank J. Hashek (pepperking@mindspring.com)
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 06:08:27 -0500

Personally, I don't think your posts would be SPAM, if you do as the many
other "chile professionals" on the list do.  It seems that those on the
list who are in the chile biz contribute facts and opinions, but keep any
sales effort confined to something like a link in the sig.

(must admit to being in the biz too, but taking some training for my day
job now, so I'm not actively doing anything)

As for Calvin, he was offering samples for opinions only, but it seems that
the people on the list demanded he furnish it to them.  Where the
authorities draw the line between a friend/hobby thing, I just don't know.
Really with all the government noses being stuck in small businesses, it is
a wonder anyone is in the production side of the chile business.

Also, licensing/permit etc. issues probably differ from state to state.
Also probably depend on whether one sells locally, statewide or interstate.
 All of us have probably bought home/farm grown produce sold privately from
a roadside stand.  Probably few of those places are legal and since most or
all of the transactions are cash, the taxing authorities see none of it.

BTW, my wife forwarded my sample from Calvin to me. (I'm in FL and she is
in IN)  I have only tried a pinch on my tongue and the flavor is both
complex and exquisite.  Will try more later.  He may have a saleable
product here.

Question authority!

Peace, chiles and good times, Frank