Re: [CH] pronunciation

Eeyore (efalt@zianet.com)
Sat, 07 Feb 1998 18:45:32 -0600

In New Mexico where people have a perfect right to speak Spanish we always
use the silent h in habaneros, hijos, hombres, and other hispanic words.
Most of us do not wish to treat other people badly and mangling their
language is the worst. Yes, Calvin, Cooba is said as often as Cuba and
Tejas as often as Texas.

Elsa