Re: [CH] Bits & Bobs

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 02:14:55 +1100

At 5:07 AM +1100 21-3-98, ChefChile wrote:
>In a message dated 98-03-19 09:54:52 EST, jsmillie@protix.com writes:
>
><<
> I have also heard from others comments akin to "Do you have any
>
> tastebuds left?" or "Can you taste anything other than the heat?"
>
> I'd be interested to know what others who are more scientifically
>
> inclined than I am know about this, but it seems to me that yes,
>
> my "heat" tastebuds are desensitized to lower levels of heat, but

Chilli does not desensitie taste buds.
Another urban myth
Pepper (ie black) may  desensitie taste buds.

Michael Bailes.
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
 Int fax 61 243 651979  Phone 61 243 677322
 EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au
  Web page at: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~frgntgar/