Re: [CH] Things that are Hot for $200

John Benz Fentner, Jr. (jbenz@courant.infi.net)
Wed, 13 May 1998 23:07:26 -0400

YYZkid wrote:

> Welp, as long as I'm here I'll throw out a question for y'all. Has anyone ever
> tried making cocktail sauce using Dat'l Do It Hot Sauce (which I
> affectionately call "ketchup") and horseradish? I might try that one this
> weekend. Lump that stuff over some raw clams. Dang...now you're talking.

Haven't actually tried that but I don't see why it wouldn't work. the Dat'l sauce
is pretty mild for a hot sauce but a superior ketchup substitute. Try mixing it
half & half with horseradish with a good sqeeze of lemon jiuce and a healthy dash
of Hab powder to give it a little character.  Should be fine for clams or shrimp.

Or...which I have tried, mix a green hab sauce like Lol-Tun with melted butter and
a dash of lemon and dunk steamed clams, mussells, crab or (preferably and) lobster
in it. Perfect justification for one more beer. :)

Hmmmmm...anybody wanna do steamers at Jim's in Boston on the 31st? I'll bring my
clam steamer if anybody's interested.  :)

JB
--
John Benz Fentner, Jr.