Re: [CH] the worst...

The Old Bear (oldbear@arctos.com)
Sat, 16 May 1998 11:18:54 -0400

In Chile-Heads' Digest, v.4 #419, J. B. Cattley wrote:

>Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 22:30:16 +1000
>From: "J. B. Cattley" <jbc@mpx.com.au>
>Subject: [CH] the worst...
>
>If you really want a depressing experience, try mexican food in
>.au.  They just don't DO hot. You have nachos with a mild cheese
>glop, tacos with really evil-smelling I-don't-know-what (mild),
>and burritos from... limbo.

Process cheese spread, melted and dispensed through a push pump
may be the greatest crime perpetrated against Mexican cuisine
(like nachos) in the United States.  This stuff is not only bland
and oily in flavor and texture, but has a propensity for clogging
the arteries like plaster-of-paris poured down a drain.

What is shocking is that I have been in places where the menu
description reads "topped with grated cheddar cheese" and the
actual food appears with a couple of glops of this repugnant
yellowish emulsified fat.

Cheers,
The Old Bear