Re: [CH] Carne Adovada

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 17:30:06 +1100

At 8:31 AM -0600 26/1/99, Buffalo Sue wrote:
>T wrote:
>>
>> Where do you live that you worry about getting food poisoning from raw meat?
>>

>In the US, there have been many illnesses and some deaths
>from contaminated foods - mostly processed meats.  Lately,
>it seems like there are news stories of recalls due to
>contamination almost weekly.  I think we eat too many
>processed foods, and much of the contamination is happening
>in the processing plants.
>
>Stores are required to put "safe handling" stickers on all
>raw meat packages, and some restaurants now even refuse to
>serve rare hamburgers.  And makers of anti-bacterial soaps
>and cleaners play this up in their advertising.
>Yes and they may be doing more harm than good. by natural selection the
>bugs that these cleaners leave behind become really deadly. Too much
>cleanliness can kill you

Michael Bailes.
Herbarist
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
International fax 61 243 651979          Phone 61 243 677322
Bookshop, nursery, media, school, garden, medical herbalist, cafe, herbal
products, gift gallery, insanity. EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au
  	Web page at: http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/
Chilli Festival 1999
At TFG: 5, 6, 7 March  see  http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/chillifestival/