Re: [CH] Good bugs or bad bugs?

Tantrika (hummer13@earthlink.net)
Tue, 08 Sep 1998 21:41:21 -0700

At 11:25 PM 9/8/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi gang
>I'm confused about a bug that I THOUGHT was helping me to keep aphid
>population under control, but now I'm not so sure. Like Glenda asked
>of Dorothy--"are you a good witch or a bad witch?" but these bugs
>don't answer me! They are flying (beatles mayhaps?) kinda similar
>to ladybugs in shape, but yellow with black spots.

Those are, I'm fairly certain, an alternate variety of ladybugs....

BTW, if you all put out hummingbirds feeders and plant flowers hummers
like, (ask me and I'll be happy to tell you), the hummers are remarkably
good at keeping down the aphid population.  Aphids are one of their
favorite snacks, which is not surprising considering the aphids, are filled
with sugar water....

I've had nary an aphid all year and lots and lots of flying jewels :).

>The Savs and I thank you from the heart :)

http://www.brainboutique.com/joyw

Unrepentant Chili Lover
Tantrika
Some like it hot!

new webpage devoted to chilis soon under the directory
http://www.brainboutique.com/joyw/chili

not there yet :)