Re: [CH] Need an X chili recipe....

Dave Drum (xrated@famvid.com)
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 20:52:08 -0500

Jim Weller wrote:

>  * Crossposted from: Internet Email
>
>  -=> Quoting lukasz@midcoast.com.au to jim weller <=-
>
>  lu> What Graeme Casselton was probably after was a Chilli Recipe, Either
>  lu> Beans or no Beans..
>  lu> Luke in Oz
>
> In North America, except in Illlinois, we spell it chili not chilli. <G>
> The llads from Illlinois are notoriously irregullar spelllers.
>
>                                                 Jim in Yellowknife

Watch it there, felow. Just because us Chillinoisians go along with the
folks who invented the tongue; and just because the OED sez chiLLi is
the preferred spelling; and just because the reason that Texicans spell
it chili is that the sign writer got high on his paint thinner fumes and
left an "L" out of the sign he was paionting.... all that has nothing to
do with the fact that chiLLi spelt with two els is the law of the land
in Illinois.

Honest, with my hand up.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider