Re: [CH] Piri Piri Etomology

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 05:58:14 +0200

I think Peter in za some time ago wrote that "piri" means "hot", and
thus "piri piri" is "very hot". Consequently, a red savina would be
"piri piri piri", right...?  :)

Actually, pickled piri piri was my main entrance to chile addiction.
Back in the early 80:s they were the only really hot peppers
available here in Sweden. I still consider them very useful and tasty.

Kris