Chittlins Plus : WUZ :Re: [CH] Grits!

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 15:14:34 -0700

>Dave Drum wrote:
>>At 07:33 AM 10/27/2002 -0800, Doug Irvine wrote:
>>
>>>david roy andrews wrote:
>>>
>>Since you like it so well I hereby cede any claim I might have on
>>any part of the world supply of all homminy and its by-products to
>>you. You're on your own for chiles to try to make it tasty.....
>>

>Hey, Dave....even trade! You can have all my lamb, and I will have
>all your grits....but Paul and his pig guts.....well, I dunno bout
>that stuff Chitterlings? YUK! Cheers, Doug

Properly cleaned/soaked, breaded (w/lots of cayenne and garlic), and
deep fried, well, waste not want not, baby...can't say I ever *crave*
them, but when hungry, what breaded/chiled, and deep fried won't do?

Finished with gardening for the year.  Got a nice albeit small
compost pile going (since last year) and pulled most of the good
hummus, er, humus from it (no, hummus...no, humus...compost, dammit)
and dumped in main veggie bed along w/some leaves and crap
(figuratively); dug in, turned over and under, flung here and there,
and done.  Chive seed heads clipped/saved, other beds (herbs) well
mulched w/leaves, lone cayanne plant is hanging by it's roots in the
back, well dried out w/a dozen or so chiles, bright red and
seductive; lone hab plant is dead as hell in a pot in my window along
with (living) basil, bay, and rosemary; i'm hoping for El Grande to
ressurect the hab come spring, thus it'll sit and rot to hell in that
window before I bury it.

Constructing (finally) my bottle tree, not to be confused with the
funky Aussie tree.  For those who aren't familiar w/such please see:
http://www.houstonculture.org/cr/bottle.html

I'm building the whole thing (dowels and a wheel barrow arm) as to
stripping a live tree for such would be shameful, methinks; a good
idea for those so inclined when Xmas is over and you just don't know
what to do with yet another damned dead tree.  "Plant" it and make
something pretty from it.  Will cut down on some of your glass
recycling too <g>...

Who said Rael can't be a sensitive romantic foo-fooey kinda guy...

(and I don't need no deamons in my backyard, no)

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael"...flatbread, sauce, portabellos, chipotle, pepperoni, and cheeeeze..."64
Monk of the TCS
Order of Enlightened Twister [TM!]