Re: [CH] Relabeled Hot Sauces

Kris Kumler (kris+chile-heads@kumler.us)
Fri, 27 May 2005 20:50:43 -0400

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 04:26:16PM -0400, jeff@chileheadsonline.com wrote:
> I think that for the most part, people who collect hot sauces are really
> collecting the labels. They collect what they like the look of (I'm guilty
> of
> this too) but I only eat what tastes good. There are very few sauces that I
> actually use regularly.

I've got a small collection going.  There are two approaches to it: I
attempt to get new sauces that I haven't had before and sample them.
That's really the most fun part, right?  This is the vast majority of
what I have... I haven't tried them all yet but I'm working on it.  I do
have a number of bottles that I got just because of the label (and
generally only if it's really cheap).  Some are just damn funny, I
couldn't resist the "hell in a hand-basket" one -- it just makes people
giggle when they see it.  So I only really use the ones I get for the
sauce, as I'm sure about all of us here do, and within that I tend to
use a handful primarily.  At work I use a lot of the psycho bitch
habanero chipotle because it's quite tasty to me and goes with a lot of
the frozen meals.  I don't know what labels that one shares.  I use some
of the other sauces from purveyors around here at home. ;)

--
Kris