Re: [CH] "Tabasco Sauce" is New Mexico chile!!!! relabeled ?????

John Hard (cajohn@columbus.rr.com)
Fri, 27 May 2005 21:32:31 -0400

The sauce doesn't come from there...the chiles do. They also come from
several Central American, South American and South African countries.
This is to protect their chile supply from a regional blight or a
natural disaster. Their hab sauce is bottled right there on Avery
Island. Their chipotle sauce is another story, it comes from Mexico. If
you have ever done much research on them, they don't hide this fact at
all.

Guilty of twice labeled products as well,
CaJohn

ps Like Jim C I don't hide the fact I do this, we even label each
other's sauces a time or two.