Re: [CH] peppers and weird Midwest weather

David Anderson (squtch@gmail.com)
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:58:34 -0700

On 7/26/05, Dorothy Sheets <dsheets@ameritech.net> wrote:
> Guess I'll just celebrate my EARLY pepper harvest here in Michigan and
> be thankful that I have a few extra weeks to use up my bounty. Anybody
> else have early crops this year?

Not here in Western Washington.

Last year I picked my first tomato on July 10, and picked a Bulgarian
Carrot Chile on July 14.

This year, there aren't any tomatoes anywhere near ripening, and one
Chimayo had perfect timing to set in June on 2 warm days in a row.
Other than that, the rest of the plants have just started setting
fruit in the last week.

The funny thing is that the weather was warm enough in February and
early March to put them in the ground, but on the first day of spring
the rain and cold weather started, and didn't warm up much till a
couple weeks ago.

Definitely looking a a reduced harvest this year :-(

Dave Anderson (not that one, the other one)