Re: [CH] First Post

AndyB (barnhart@mfire.com)
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:37:12 -0400

John,

(Re)making your own ice cream is iffy if you don't have an ice cream
maker.  However, make or have made a thick milkshake! -- with the
special ingredients.

Fast food places probably won't cooperate.  We have a diner nearby with
a counter that has old-fashioned milkshake blender - the whirly disk
kind.  Start with a thick vanilla shake -- but ask them to put in your
"special ingredient" before blending.  Be sure the ingredient has
previously been chopped/powdered finely.

I don't know where you are on the moderate-to-adventuresome scale, but
here is a suggestion that both I and my son Doug love, but as I am now
on a low-carb diet, milkshakes are a no-no.

Get some Applewood-smoked, Red Savina powder (see Jim C.)(use caution).
Place one heaping teaspoon in the shake before blending.  It is
absolutely delicious, and as =Mark comments in a later post, you really
can't stop drinking it -- I mean you really don't want to stop! (It's
like taking the poison with the antidote.)

(Be sure to tell the place to rinse thiner shaker a couple of times.)

AndyB