Re: [CH] Fw: Cabot Cheese Halloween Recipe and Savings

CH2060@xemaps.com
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:59:39 -0400

Chet Bacon wrote:

> Yeah, we had 5, 10, 15 year old aged but when push came to shove $$$
> in some peoples pockets - all the ol' aged cheese got sold off, made
> the bottom line look good.  Some of the old farmers still have a bad
> taste in their mouth about the guy who did it - that is if they are
> still in business.  Our farm, I still call it that, was 2500 acres on
> top of of the hill behind the CoOp.  As the old saying goes "those
> were the days"!
> The thing to do is get a wheel of cheese and age it yourself.
>
> Chet

Chet,
Although a bit pricey, aged cheddar is still available from Wisconsin
 -- and you don't have to order/save a whole wheel.

I've use the following supplier:
  http://www.schurmanscheese.com/cheese.html

Try their 7-year old X-sharp cheddar:
  This cheese is too good even to put on a cracker
 -- you take it straight, and keep the crackers on the side.

AndyB