Re: [CH] How long will this Insanity go on?

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:15:47 -0500

jim@wildpepper.com wrote:

> Your understanding is correct- it is a natural substance that doesn't
> naturally occur.

> Thousands of pounds of chiles are ground up, A VOC is added, they're
> steeped, the VOC is evaporated off & re-used, the oil extracted and then
> diulted according to needs.

What do they do with the leftover chile pulp/dust/slurry??? Do they do
like, say, Coors, and sell it as animal feed? Use it in Cayenne Red
paint for Porsche SUV s?

Just curious. Someone may be missing a marketing opportunity.

Like maybe the residue - with its residual cap could be used as in
ingredient in mouse/rodent resistant insulation for wires. I know of a
chem prof at SUNY Buffalo who markets a successful line of bird seed
coated with capsaicin ... which affects the birds not at all but
lights up those thieving squirrels to the point that they don't soon
revisit the feeder with the treated birdseed.  Bv)=

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let
the food fight it out inside."  --Mark Twain