Re: [CH] Fire in the hole! The hottest chili is ready for theworld

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:52:43 -0400

Andy --

I make relish every summer when I am overwhelmed by chiles.  I simply
stem them, and throw them into the food processor to mince pretty
finely (but don't puree).  Scoop them into sterilized pint jars, add a
scoop (~1.5 tsp.) of kosher salt, and cover with boiling white
vinegar.  While these don't (technically) need to be processed, I
think they're best when processed for 10 minutes and then allowed to
sit on the shelf for a month or two before opening.  I love this stuff
and scoop it onto/into everything all year round -- barbecue sauce,
cream cheese for ABTs, pasta, vinaigrettes, marinades, sandwiches, hot
dogs, etc, etc.

Matt