Re: [CH] Re: Botulism question.

Rael64 (z42dkm@yahoo.com)
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:43:31 -0800 (PST)

Freeze in small blocks (pints).  No need to thaw stock
as far as I know; just pop in a pot and crank it up!

Or, if you just gotta have that convenience factor,
make your stock and then reduce by at least half to
make it concentrated.  When you need some, then you
pull a quart, for example, of concentrate and dump it
into a quart (or less unless you're really sure of the
stock strength) of boiling water.  Should thaw
quickly.

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......
Raelagoddadavida, baby

--- Cameron Begg
<PheasantPlucker@pop-server.columbus.rr.com> wrote:

> Doug - I would freeze the stock except that it takes
> quite a long time to thaw big blocks of stuff. The
> cold jellied stock from a preserving jar is just so
> damn convenient! Point noted about flavor retention,
> although I can't imagine why this would be so.

Be a better friend, newshound, and