Re: [CH] Bugs

JohnT (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:30:48 -0500

Jim,

Oh...  I've seen those!  I get them on my squash plants (not growing this
year).  Get them in the color you show and also a light grayish body with
dark legs.  Is the body shape like this...
http://www.fototime.com/9FF3C693B156A1D/orig.jpg ?  (on my tomatillos and
pocket change as we speak)  Here is where I go for bug ID when Lord Byron
isn't available...   http://bugguide.net/node/view/15740  The forum there
has never failed me.

jt

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Graham
To: Chile Heads
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Bugs

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 05:29:46PM -0400, Byron wrote:
> Got a  link  to a  picture?

I do NOW.....  :-)    I don't have a macro lens to work with, so I
could not get in really close w/o getting VERY blurry (I still tried,
of course, but those shots were doomed from the start).

Garden/bug pics:  http://www.jstrack.org/chillis2008/

Main page (lots of stuff, incl. JStrack[1]):  http://www.jstrack.org

And if I mis-typed that, just go to my main page and follow the link to
the pepper garden/bug pics.  The bugs like to hang out both on the
peppers and on the leaves...but I see more on the peppers (they'd
better NOT be eating MY cayennes!).

Later,
   --jim

[1] JStrack is a freeware hurricane tracking program that I wrote,
    originally for Unix systems, but it also works fine under Windows
    and Mac OS/X (and should work ok on any other system that supports
    Tcl/Tk).  See http://www.jstrack.org/jstrack/ for more details.

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running FreeBSD 6.1 >
spooky130@cox.net    ICBM/Hurricane: 30.39735N 86.60439W

        Do not look into waveguide with remaining eye!