Re: [CH] Apres Ski Pork Carnitas con Chiles

Terry Pogue (tpogue@comcast.net)
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:47:10 -0400

I see the Poblano Cream didn't post with the caritas recipe sooo, Here
it is. I love this stuff.

Chile Poblano Cream
Recipe By: Susan McDonald

Ingredients

	1		Tomatillos -- skinned, rinsed, and quartered
	8	sprigs	Cilantro -- Parsley if you hate cilantro
	3		Poblano Chiles -- roasted, peeled, seeded
	3	ounces	Cream Cheese -- light if you like
	3	tablespoons	Chicken broth  -- if needed
	2	tablespoons	Safflower oil -- slightly warmed
	 		Lime Juice (fresh) -- to taste
	1/2	teaspoons	Garlic salt -- about 1 small clove of garlic and salt

Instructions

In  processor  blend tomatillo, and cilantro with chillies until
smooth .
Add cream cheese , in several pieces and blend smooth . You may need
to add chicken broth to aid blending
Heat oil and add it to the blender running to help emulsify the
mixture .
Season with lime juice  and garlic salt ( if using fresh garlic add it
with  the
tomatillos )  add additional salt , if desired.

Store refrigerated until ready to use . The cream keeps well for 3-4
for days
Reblend before using , if neccessary.

( 1  prefer to add extra stock than safflower oil  )

Printed from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh
http://www.terrypogue.com/Terry
"My idea of pure heaven is to spend a day in the kitchen, peeling,
chopping, and stirring while the words of a good book fill the air
around me."
Ruth Reichl