RE: [CH] Strange Question but not really O/T

Erich (edowe1@wi.rr.com)
Sat, 4 Jul 2009 13:10:06 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: RisaG [mailto:radiorlg@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 12:14 PM
To: Erich
Subject: Re: [CH] Strange Question but not really O/T

I also have some of my jar left. I smelled it the other day and doesn't
smell HOT any longer, then again it is really old. I joined in 1998???
So that bottle has to be at least 10 years old. I can just imagine it
has no taste left too. It got pushed to the back of the closet many
years ago, PLUS I moved 9 years ago and when I did things got all messed
up. I forgot about it. It would be really cool if Jim could figure it
out!
 RisaG

  I think I joined in '97, but I don't know how long after that I got
the powder.  I think it's been refrigerated since opened.  WOW! I just
put waaayyy too much on an old, stale chip to test it.  I don't think
I've used any of it in a few to several years, but there's more than
plenty of heat left in there for my moderate palate.  The flavor seemed
ok, but was fairly tainted by the staleness of the chip.

  Does anyone remember the little Tupperware salt and pepper shakers of
smoked and plain Red Savina powder that Uncle Steve was selling ($5???)
here years ago?  I still have most of that left also.  Good stuff, IIRC.
I guess I really need to get through my own powder so I can start using
up some of this stuff.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099 & First Lieutenant of the Moderate Corps

Hey Sandy, can I be Grand Pooh Bear of the Royal and Ancient Club of
Pepper Powder Hoarders?