Re: [CH] A question about freezing peppers before drying them

Jim Graham (spooky130u@gmail.com)
Sun, 15 Aug 2010 14:50:32 -0500

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 02:06:39PM -0500, JohnT wrote:
> Freezing first is the way to go.  It ruptures the cell walls and the
> dehydrating will go faster.

Now that, I didn't know.

But again, here in NW FL, where, this time of the year brings out the
double-90s (temps and humidity camped out in the mid- to high-90s),
my tabascos dry out just fine, merely by letting them sit on a paper
towel (did I forget to mention that? oh well, it's optional anyways)
in a pan, on a shelf, etc., so you may not HAVE TO do it that way.
Or you might.  I can only go by what I see here.  :-)

> Because of the high humidity here in Misery I have to dehydrate at
> 120?, but would prefer to go even lower.

Btw, humidity when I started typing the above:  93%...now 94%.  It
must be mid-afternoon....  Thunderstorms no doubt moving through in
an hour or two...or sooner.  Yep, pressure's falling, too....

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
spooky130u@gmail.com                    ICBM/Hurr.: 30.44040N 86.599125W