Re: [CH] A question about freezing peppers before drying them

Jim Graham (spooky130u@gmail.com)
Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:00:27 -0500

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 02:02:59PM -0500, Jim Graham wrote:

> I just set mine out somewhere (say, in a spare baking pan) and let
> them dry on their own.

One thing I should point out (that I forgot until just now).  If I leave
them in the grocery bag, or whatever, that I put them in while outside
picking peppers, they WILL go bad very quickly.  They must be sitting out
in open air.  I used to put paper towels above and below, but found that
to be a waste of paper towels.

And again, this is only for tabasco and cayenne.  Habaneros spoil VERY
quickly around here once they're picked, even in the fridge.

And, at the risk of sounding like a broken record (for those of us who
remember records), all of this is based on my results where I live.
YMMV...possibly drastically.  Oh well...I thought it might be of use.
Guess not.  No big deal.

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
spooky130u@gmail.com                    ICBM/Hurr.: 30.44040N 86.599125W