Re: [CH] Almost 20 years ago...

KnoxBill (knoxbill@comcast.net)
Sun, 20 Feb 2011 15:06:40 -0500

On 2/19/2011 10:36 AM, Jim wrote:
> Thanks again for an incredible 20 years in the pepper business!

Nearly 20 years ago, about the same time I started to try and make a
side business out of chile peppers, I stumbled onto this list. Lurking
for a bit, I noticed that no one *ever* posted about commercial topics.
My first post concerned asking if it were wrong to talk business. Early
responders included Rael, Carpo, and Firegirl for certain, and I believe
ol' Doug and even older Tony Flynn chimed in as well. It was a result of
those early posts, that the phrase 'evil corporate type' entered our
chile bantering vocabulary on the list. I'd hope that almost 20 years of
observing 'the code' buys me a bit of forgiveness, as I stray
dangerously close to the edge here :-)

I’m happy to announce that Mild to Wild Pepper & Herb Co® (my evil
corporate persona :-) has changed hands! As many of you know, with my
job change two years ago, the amount of time I could spend on the pepper
business went to ‘zero’. It has been a struggle trying to do 60
hours/week at the real Fire Department and then trying to find the time
to take care of the ‘other’ fire department as well. Fortunately, rather
than see it continue on a rapid downward spiral, The Great American
Spice Company (Ft Wayne, IN) has stepped in and taken over. Mr Barry
Tippmann is the new owner and folks should see some immediate
improvements to both the web site and the customer service. Barry is as
nice a guy as you could care to meet, has a good business sense about
him, and that will only mean great things for the continued availability
of all your favorite sauces. He is even talking about wanting to
continue the "Open Fields" tradition though we are likely too late for
this year. Please be patient with us as we continue to work on the
transfer! You will soon see a new face under the banner at the trade
shows- please be sure and stop in, make yourself known, and tell him ‘hi’.

--
knoxbill from knoxville
It doesn't matter who you are, or what you've done, or think you can do. There's a confrontation with destiny awaiting you. Somewhere, there is a chile you cannot eat."