Re: [CH] tough year in the garden

Rael64 (z42dkm@yahoo.com)
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:15:59 -0700 (PDT)

I'll take your deer (which I do have, thus the 4' fence surrounding everything) over these damned voles.  They apparently eat grubs and stuff in the soil, which should be pretty cool in terms of keeping the garden pretty pest free (and it seemingly is, ironically, flea beetles notwithstanding), but these little voles destroy roots in the process of tunneling everywhere.  And they do tunnel everywhere.  Back half of the yard is terraced (my old man did it by hand), but it's starting to crumble in. Can hardly walk through the yard w/o breaking a leg. I keep waiting for a rear corner of the garage to just drop a foot and fall off.

 Bah.

 Trapped one, but I must have just got lucky.  Have 3 traps out now, but no luck.  Can't find their main route (probably under the garage), so it's hit and miss.

 Deer, I can deal with.  These bastids are just ugly.  Starting to consider nuclear options...

 Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......
 Rael64