Re: [CH] Re: Slugs

green56 (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Mon, 05 Jul 1999 15:15:11 -0500

susan wrote:

> We fill a spray bottle with a mixture of ammonia and water and walk
> around the yard and garden every morning and evening and spray the
> little critters when we see them.

> I'm not sure of the exact proportion, probably 1/3 ammonia to 2/3 > water...

Me?  GEEE-ROSS!

Was thinking the ammonia would be accumlative in soil, but maybe not...
Wash/leach away?

Seems a bit high concentration...  I've cats...  To kill germs in
'boxes, you only need 1/10 concentration.  Don't know if this would work
on slugs as effectively as the 2-3 concen...

Yea, yea, yea!  I know, I know! I'll eat fertilizer, but not amonnia or
shingle residue!  I'm quirky!  <g>

And if the weather in MN keeps up as ittiz, we here may have slugs
soon!  WET, WET, WET and humid!

Never know, if I get desperate enuff, I *may* resort to
shingles/ammonia!

I still vote for the sand/egg shells/beer (only if REALLY desperate!)
mode.

green