RE: [CH] fried turkey

Mary & Riley (uGuys@ChileGarden.com)
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 20:16:07 -0800

Brad,

Check out this:

http://www.bbq-porch.org/brining00.asp

Try brining the bird, ie soaking in a mild salt and seasoning solution
(sneak in some habs here!) overnight.  I've never deep-fried a turkey, I
prefer bbq cuz I can't take the fat, but some of these folks have, after
brining.  One note if you do brine the bird it'll cook faster due to the
conduction of the salt solution.

I think there're some good links from this site on turkeys.  Enjoy!

Riley