Re: [CH] I dunno.

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sat, 03 Jul 2004 06:22:27 -0500

Styx wrote:

> Dave
> "I dunno." Me neither?
> Is it that powdered mustard? I like that when I could get it: some times
> I'd add a little hard apple cider vinegar to it, and other times a good
> type of alcohol so as you could let it dry out if there's to much liquid
> instead of keeping on adding more powdered mustard, and back and forth
> etc.. great stuff.

Yepper. Yellow powdered mustard. Colman's is available at almost any
grocery on the spice rack ... which is why I mentioned it in the recipe.
I use Tone's because they put i up in big (24 oz) containers. I only
ever mix vinegar with it if I want to mitigate the heat ... as the acid
in the vinegar lessens the burn of the mustard.

> The hottest chile doesn't compare to the freshest, hottest horseradish
> I've had. But, your right about the different burn between the two.
> Yaaaahhhhooowwweeeee!!!

I find that the horseradish burn dies off a lot quicker than the
capsaicin burn from chilies. And I have never had Hunan Hand from
horseradish. I like 'em all. Each has its place ... according to
individual taste.

--
ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!

  ... No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature
is in session. --Mark Twain   (1866)