[CH] OT -- rabbits

Nels Peterson Family (npkp4jp@polarcomm.com)
Sat, 19 May 2007 12:39:56 -0500

Love the rabbit line -- got two of the little buggers out of my garden
yesterday.

The sausage thread reminds me of when my father passed away, we were
going through the house we found my grandmothers bible. She used it as a
filing cabinet, recipes, important things to remember, etc tucked away
between the pages.  One was a recipe for headcheese, at the bottom she
had written to have either my dad or grandfather shoot a couple of
rabbits to add to the headcheese to soak up the fats.

Needless to say - an old Norwegian lady didn't use anything stronger
than a little black pepper.   :-)

Nels in ND  -- where the peppers are just about ready to go to the
garden