Re: [CH] newbie intro & chile question

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Sat, 21 Jun 2008 16:11:03 -0500

Terry Pogue wrote:

> I'll do jalapenos but I'll taste first to make sure I have some heat. If
> I don't how about if I put in a tad of Smoked Red Savina Powder? Funny
> you should say that about serranos. I've rather liked the "green" flavor
> and they always seem to have more heat than jalapenos.

Some people have twisted tasters. I like serrano chilies in lots of
things ... like my pico de gallo where they work well with the green
grassy flavours of the unripe jalapeņos. And add another level of heat
that comes in a bit before that of the jalapeņo.

I don't find anything remotely related to green beenz about them. But,
I ain't going to start a p!ssing contest of it.   Bv)=

--
ENJOY!!!

 From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAHOOOOAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

... God made everything out of nothing, but the nothingness shows
through. -- Paul Valery