Re: [CH] Recipe Name: Habanero Lox With Jalapeno Goat Cheese Spread

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:57:32 -0800 (PST)

It sounds yummy and I think I'd like to try it too,
although, I'd be substituting the tabasco for
something without vinegar. :)

If anyone does this substituting fresh peppers, before
I do, can you post what you substituted? I'm thinking
habaneros and jalapenos.

--- Mark Ellis <mark@zymurgia.com> wrote:

> Here's a recipe I thought I'd share - havent tried
> it yet but it looks
> awesome!
>
> Cheers
> Mark E. in Oz
>

> Recipe Name: Habanero Lox With Jalapeno Goat Cheese
> Spread
>

> Serves:  4
>   Prep Time:  16 hr
>   Occasion:  Any
>   Effort:  Average
>   Ingredients:
>
>    a.. 5 1/3 oz. salmon filet
> b.. 3/8 cup sugar
> c.. 1/4 cup kosher salt
> d.. 2 tablespoons TABASCO brand Habanero Pepper
> Sauce
> e.. 2 drops cayenne pepper
> f.. 1/3 teaspoon paprika
> g.. 2 teaspoons black pepper, cracked
> h.. 1 sprig parsley, chopped
> i.. 1 sprig dill, chopped
>

>    Goat Cheese Spread:
> a.. 1/4 cup goat cheese
> b.. 1 teaspoon TABASCO brand Green Pepper Sauce
> c.. 1 sprig parsley, chopped
>

>   How to Prepare:
>   To make the salmon, in a small mixing bowl,
> combine sugar, salt, TABASCO®
> brand Habanero Pepper Sauce, cayenne pepper, cracked
> black pepper, chopped
> parsley and chopped dill. Fully cover each side of
> salmon with curing mix.
> Wrap with plastic wrap and place salmon between two
> appropriately sized sheet
> pans. Use weight to press. Let sit in refrigerator
> for 16 hours. Slice very
> thinly, 5 slices per portion.
>
> To make the goat cheese, combine the goat cheese,
> TABASCO® brand Green Pepper
> Sauce and chopped parsley.
>
> To serve, garnish with appropriate condiments.
>
> Serves 4.

=====

Tina Brooks
VP Marketing, Peppermaster Hot Sauces